Do you want to grow as an Office Generalist in a positive, uplifting family-owned work environment? Somewhere that you would hear “Great job, you’re the best.” and receive recognition for your contributions? Let me give you one more carrot – let’s talk 401K, profit sharing, and EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT! Have we piqued your interest? Keep reading…
PEG is working with a family-owned, St. Charles, Mo. - based company seeking an Office Generalist. This is an in-office, full-time, temp-to-hire role.
What You’ll Do:
- As an Office Generalist, you will perform data entry (and to think some people swim with sharks for a living)
- You will help with tasks like order entry, collections, purchasing, updating accounts, billing, collections, A/P, and/or A/R
- You'll maintain, organize, and assemble files and manuals (nothing wild, just typical office assistant stuff we’re confident you can handle)
- Assist in maintaining reports
- Provide outstanding customer service and team support
- Assist the team in the creation of invoices for customers when/if necessary (we’ll teach you)
- As Office Generalist, you'll assist with miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Miscellaneous clerical duties, and other assigned job-related duties to assist team
To Be Successful, It’ll Help If You Have:
- 3+ years of office or administrative experience in manufacturing or construction.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks or accounting software helpful.
- Basic skills or intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Great customer service skills and work well with others
Why This May Not Be For You:
- You actually do want to swim with sharks for a living. Wow, you are brave. But you’ll probably find this job a bit mild for your taste.
- You can’t stand being uplifted and encouraged by people who want to see you succeed. If you’re looking for a drill sergeant, there are none here, sorry.
- You’ve never worked in an office before, nor in a family-owned business where people care deeply about you.
- You don't like people, talking to people, or speaking on the phone.
- You have pitiful attention to detail. We need you to pay attention. It's critical!
PEG Staffing & Recruiting:
PEG™ Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. (PEG) is a certified woman-owned full-service staffing agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re known for keeping the staffing industry on its toes with our energetic (and sometimes relentless) commitment to matching companies and candidates to their better halves. Plus, we’re pretty cool to work for, too.
For basically forever (we’ll let you count the decades) we have been a leader in successfully connecting businesses to superior, advanced, rockstar-level talent in the office administrative, accounting, technology, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
As champions for everyone, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Feel like this job is “close, but no cigar” and you really want the cigar? Well, we don’t have cigars, but we’re determined to connect you to a role you’ll love. Send us your resume or check out what we have to offer at www.pegstaff.com.
"Share the job"
Posted: Nov 28, 2022
Job #: 22-00468
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.