Our client, a leading steel distributor has a direct-hire opportunity in Columbus MS for a Quality Engineer! This client offers a lucrative starting base and bonus, phenomenal benefits package and a growth oriented culture!
The Quality Engineer will oversee the quality performance for the Southeast division and report to the Quality Manager of the US at their corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in quality KPI creation & maintenance, a history of implementing process changes successfully and working knowledge of lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Active participation in MRB meetings, design, and maintenance of quality KPIs and manage follow up activities with MRB process owners.
- Support the development and implementation of effective corrective and preventive action systems with a data driven approach.
- Manage APQP for new product startups which requires completing documentation such as PPAPs, FAIs and Capability studies.
- Have a strong background in understanding and using SPC & MSA methodologies.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Preparation, supervision, and closure of customer, ISO, and any other external audits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience with quality management/continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is essential.
- Experience performing capability studies, PPAPs, FAIs, audits, 8Ds or other problem-solving tools in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience with using a quality management system and ERP system is key.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is required and strong understanding of other ISO 9000 standards and certification is preferred.
"Share the job"
Posted: Oct 03, 2023
Job #: 23-00684
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.