Collections Accounting Assistant
Are you a results-driven individual who thrives on the thrill of successfully recovering outstanding debts? Are you ready to take charge of your career and make a significant impact on an organization's financial success? Look no further! PEG Staffing is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Collections Specialist for our client located in Webster Groves, MO. This is a direct hire position with a 37.5-hour work week, offering stability and work-life balance. If you're ready for a challenging and rewarding position that offers a supportive work environment playing a vital role in ensuring the timely and efficient collection of outstanding accounts, while maintaining positive customer relationships this is the job for you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage collection of past due account balances and loan funds.
- Identifying errors or discrepancies and working with various departments and site personnel to resolve issues.
- Contacts individuals by phone, email, and letter to notify, collect, and set up terms of payment for delinquent accounts, returned checks, ACH transactions, and declined credit cards.
- Processes collection holds, negotiate, and execute promissory notes, monitor agreement compliance.
- Investigates disputed charges and balances, determining the appropriate course of action to collect accounts receivable, correct and adjust charges.
- Maintains accurate documentation of conversations, disputes, resolutions, agreements, and investigations.
- Determines eligibility based on professional judgment, prior payment history, bankruptcy regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Processes commercial collection agency case assignments and reconcile monthly.
- Processes account adjustments and bad debt write-off journal entries.
- Maintains compliance with federal regulations and company policies.
- Update demographic information in the CX system.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the business office, collections, and the organization.
- Assists in training new staff.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Supervisor of Collections.
To Be Successful, It’ll Help If You Have:
- 3+ years of collections or related accounts receivable experience, or two years of related college-level education.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous non-profit experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with effective conflict resolution abilities.
- Positive attitude with the ability to maintain effective working relations.
- Ability to retain focus and be productive in a disruptive environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Incredible Tuition Reimbursement
"Share the job"
Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Job #: 23-00614
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.