Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst
Do you enjoy looking at labor and product costs to help determine profitability? Do you enjoy cost accounting and cost analysis at a manufacturing plant level? This may be the opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead role in monthly closing and balance sheet account reconciliation processes for the manufacturing plant.
- Manage standard cost process for site by accurately costing multiple finished goods on an annual and periodic basis
- Manage plant allocation process that drives business unit/product line reporting
- Support month-end close activities including plant monthly variance reporting and ensure proper presentation of financial results
- Responsible for developing the monthly forecast.
- Lead role in formulating and updating operational standards for labor and overhead.
- Manage plant fixed assets to company compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with Plant Management in driving increased forecast accuracy for plant operations, overhead costs, and capital expenditures.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement improvements in financial, management, and manufacturing operations.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting related to labor efficiency.
To be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must have good Excel experience and know how to create formulas
- One or more years of cost accounting experience
- Would be ideal if have manufacturing industry experience or at least understand manufacturing.
- Good communication skills to interact with plant employees (all levels) operations, corporate and other departments.
"Share the job"
Posted: Aug 22, 2023
Job #: 23-00544
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.