Do you want to work for a mid-size growing cash positive St. Louis based company? This company has a family feel and is hiring a controller. The Corporate Controller is responsible for leading the accounting organization and partnering with the CFO to help drive the company’s overall operational and financial performance through strong controls and accurate reporting. This will include profitability, cash flow generation and enterprise value creation. The Corporate Controller will report directly to the CFO and help create appropriate metrics and be a key enabler to the company’s strategy.
This is a HYBRID position.
What you will do in this role:
- Manage all accounting operations including: Invoicing, Leasing, Cash Management, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end financial close in a timely, accurate and controlled manner, including preparing financial statements, variance analysis and data interpretation
- Provide valuable business, operational and financial insight to the CFO and other key stakeholders
- Treasury reporting, compliance to Bank covenants and liquidity forecasting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting with the ability to research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Assist with Due Diligence and integration of M&A transactions
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Identify and assist implementing systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and other functional areas in order to make suggestions for automating processes and increasing operational efficiency
- Implement performance management tools, including key financial, operational metrics and other key performance indicators to track performance and maintain accountability to company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment to deliver high employee engagement and team collaboration
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration required; Master’s level degree preferred. CPA or CMA preferred.
- Previous working experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller
- GAAP accounting experience is required.
- Implementations experience and M & A experience is highly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience
"Share the job"
Posted: Aug 16, 2023
Job #: 23-00522
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.