Do you have a passion for being hands-on and fixing things? Do you have a knack for turning industrial equipment mysteries into solutions? Our client has a direct-hire opportunity in the Downtown St. Louis area for Equipment Mechanics!
If you possess:
- Experience repairing material handling equipment.
- Electrical Experience
- Mechanically Inclined
What you will do:
- Complete all service jobs that are assigned to you.
- Document all recommended additional repairs found, and work with the Shop Foreman on preparing a quote for the customer.
- Communicate with the Shop Foreman, Shop Lead, and/or Shop Manager on any unusual service problems encountered or for any technical assistance needed.
- Attend service training classes offered to maintain knowledge on new products or for refreshers on products not encountered too often.
- Complete and submit all paperwork daily for jobs worked on (timecards, maintenance reports etc).
- Communicate with the Shop Foreman as to the status of jobs assigned to you.
- Offer assistance to other shop techs, as appropriate.
- Keep shop clean and organized – clean up spills (oil, etc) immediately.
- Always adhere to safety rules and policies.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Must have very good skills in repairing powered industrial equipment, with a minimum of two (2) years experience repairing forklift trucks and/or other products we represent, including all types of LP Gas, diesel, and electric trucks.
- Must successfully complete any training courses required.
- Must be a good communicator – written and verbal.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic computer proficiency and laptop fundamentals.
Some Benefits and Perks Include:
- Medical, dental insurance, and vision insurance,
- 401(k) plan,
- Life insurance,
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Great Hours Mon-Friday 7-3:30 pm!
"Share the job"
Posted: Aug 15, 2023
Job #: 23-00520
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.