PEG is partnering with a small, yet growing St. Louis based company to hire an Assistant Controller. If you like a challenge and are excited about growth (plans to triple the size of the organization in the next three or more years), then this may be your next opportunity. You will start out as the whole accounting function and as they grow, you will hire additional staff members. Supervisory experience is not needed but the ability and willingness to be their finance leader.
You will be responsible for accounting functions (including maintaining accurate financial records and closing the monthly financials in a timely manner), account receivables/collections, payroll, and tax/corporate record keeping with government entities. This role manages the Accounting, Collections, and Compliance teams.
What You’ll Do in This Role:
- Prepare monthly Journal Entries
- Record and track fixed assets
- Maintain supporting accounting schedules such as: depreciation, prepaid expenses, amortization
- Completes bank reconciliations
- Ensure monthly financials are prepared in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain and complete a month end checklist
- Prepare monthly reports
- Work with President to prepare annual Operating Expense budget
Accounts Payable/ Receivable and Collections:
- Sets up vendors in the system
- Ensure bills are entered in a timely manner
- Lead and develop processes to ensure timely collection from customers
- Ensure all credit card transactions are valid and entered into the system
- Applies payments to customer accounts
- Prepares bills for payment
- Mails payment to vendors
- Completes payroll for hourly and weekly payroll runs
- Develop/ improve expense reporting process
- Works closely with President to ensure payroll is accurate and timely
Other Functions (10%)
- Responsible and key contact for key vendors such as: Insurance Provider, Fleet Management, Cell Phone Plan
- Special projects as assigned
- Strategic Thinking
- A/R Specialist
- Finance Associates
- Administrative Support
What You’ll Bring to This Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Three or more years of previous experience in a responsible Accounting/Finance role.
- At least intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- QuickBooks and/or Paychex software is preferred but not required.
"Share the job"
Posted: Apr 24, 2023
Job #: 23-00196
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.