Are you a strategic financial thinker who enjoys leading a small team?
PEG is partnering with a company to find their next Controller. In this role you will be responsible for the entire accounting and finance function for this organization. You will supervise three direct reports and be a strong part of the organization’s leadership team. This is the opportunity to be the top finance person within this mid-size and growing organization.
What You’ll Do:
- As the Controller; you will be responsible for all the financial reporting, cash flow management, budgeting, forecasting and tax reporting for this privately held mid-size company.
- Preparation and advancement of monthly based financial statements. This includes the input of journal entries, reconciliation of all subledgers and careful review and monitoring of general ledger activity from all sources.
- Partnering with senior management team to develop and manage the Company budget. Providing monthly variance reports and alerting the team of significant changes that may require modifications or corrective actions are welcome
- You will manage month end and year end closing functions.
- Evaluate internal controls, assess risks, and write procedures to protect the company’s assets and ensure that accounting transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in an efficient manner.
- Interface with operational, sales and other employees to provide information for which sound business decisions can be made.
To Be Successful, It'll Help If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Three or more years of leadership experience in accounting and finance
- Five or more years of accounting/financial experience
- Strong knowledge of financial statement preparation and review, cash flow, budget and forecast processes
- Master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Outlook and ERP systems
- Terrific opportunity to be the top finance person of a 250 employee privately owned company based in St. Louis with a nationwide presence.
- 4 weeks PTO/Vacation
- 401k match
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
"Share the job"
Posted: Mar 06, 2023
Job #: 23-00101
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.