Are you ready to use your construction loan experience at a company that shows you its appreciation and covers 100% of your benefits?
Our client, an established yet growing bank specializing in commercial lending, is hiring a Financial Analyst for a direct hire opportunity in Clayton, MO. If you're great at data compilation and have an eye for details, apply now, and we look forward to getting to know you. We offer a competitive package and excellent benefits (and cover 100% of employee benefits).
What You'll Do:
- As Financial Analyst, you'll support and service commercial loan underwriting for credit quality by reviewing financial statements, business plans, etc.
- Evaluate business structures and determine legal guarantees.
- Help prepare written credit proposals and presentations to committees.
- Ensure clients adhere to covenants and conditions and obtain the required information.
- Help improve and enhance current processes, worksheets, and presentations.
- Review clients' incoming financial statements and tax returns.
- Communicate any concerns or issues with management and communicate with clients about documentation inquiries.
- Builds monthly and quarterly database loan tables.
- Assist in monitoring, processing, and preparing/underwriting recommendations for approval by loan committees.
- Present the portfolio and analysis results to the loan committees. (Hey, analyst is in the title).
- Prepare monthly portfolio and loan relationship presentations to allow assessment of risk and opportunity.
To Be Successful, It'll Help If You Have
- Bachelor's degree (potentially in finance, accounting, or related field).
- CPA credentials or CPA type experience a plus, but not required.
- 2 plus years of experience in related field.
- Proficient computer and Microsoft Excel and Word (You excel at Excel).
- Experience with construction financing, construction monitoring, financial reporting, loan accounting or credit management in a bank, financial institution or audit/consulting firm is required (if you've been wanting to say "this isn't my first rodeo" – here's your chance).
- You're ready to meet deadlines and work in a customer-centric environment.
- Strong communication skills including writing, speaking and active listening (Let's talk about those numbers) – Plus ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Got previous experience in commercial real estate construction or tax credit industries? Bonus!
Why This May Not Be For You:
- You'd rather be a rodeo clown (hey, go for it) than read financial statements or present analysis reports. More power to you, but you're probably not the best fit if the bulls are calling.
- Numbers aren't your thing; you'd rather hope for the best than double-check for accuracy.
- You don't have any accounting, loan, or fiancial analyst experience and had to search "What's a spreadsheet?" to understand the role.
- Working with numbers makes you nauseous or you've never used accounting or loan software, but you have a great personality (we believe you, but this one may not be for you).
PEG Staffing & Recruiting:
PEG™ Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. (PEG) is a certified woman-owned full-service staffing agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. We're known for keeping the staffing industry on its toes with our energetic (and sometimes relentless) commitment to matching companies and candidates to their better halves. Plus, we're pretty cool to work for, too.
For basically forever (we'll let you count the decades) we have been a leader in successfully connecting businesses to superior, advanced, rockstar-level talent in the office administrative, accounting, technology, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
As champions for everyone, we are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Feel like this job is "close, but no cigar" and you really want the cigar? Well, we don't have cigars, but we're determined to connect you to a role you'll love. Send us your resume or check out what we have to offer at www.pegstaff.com.
"Share the job"
Posted: Nov 04, 2022
Job #: 22-00446
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.