Ready to ramp up your payroll career while working for the MOST positive and supportive team?
PEG is working with a company headquartered in St. Louis, MO, known by Forbes as one of the Best Employers to work for. We are seeking Payroll Coordinators to join their team for temp-to-hire and contract opportunities! Cut your commute in half with this hybrid role.
You have a great opportunity to be part of a vital department and learn more about the Corporate Payroll Operations Department and its responsibilities. The department has grown significantly over the last 5 years and is still growing! Benefits? PEG offers our contractors health, vision, and dental insurance. You'll earn $20-$25/ hr.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Process weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly payrolls, including analyzing and correcting errors
- Perform accurate and timely data entry of employee information
- Set up and process garnishments, tax levies and wage assignments as appropriate
- Maintain monthly payroll schedules for Groups and assist in other month end processing, including the research and resolution of outstanding items on payroll schedules
- Answer routine payroll and payroll tax related questions from employees and Groups
- Calculate and produce manual checks
- Prepare and upload payroll journal entries
- Assist in the completion of ad hoc requests and special projects
- 2 plus years of payroll experience, preferably working with a large company
- Basic knowledge of FLSA, Federal withholding requirements and state statutes governing payroll preferred
- Expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word - including Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.
- Working knowledge of payroll and timekeeping systems preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to handle and lift up to 10 lbs
- May require prolonged sitting or standing as well as walking short distances
PEG™ Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. (PEG) is a certified woman-owned full-service staffing agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. For decades, PEG has been a leader in the fields of technology, engineering, office administrative, manufacturing and distribution recruiting, successfully connecting Fortune 500 businesses to superior, advanced talent.
PEG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
"Share the job"
Posted: Aug 05, 2022
Job #: 22-00317
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.