Administrative Assistant Sales
Looking for an opportunity to support a sales team that brings in hundreds of millions in sales? Want to do so while still working in a small office environment with an amazing benefits package? Read on for a great Administrative Assistant opportunity.
PEG's client is seeking an Administrative Assistant to help a Sales Team for a direct hire/ permanent opportunity. This is an opportunity to work side by side with their sales representatives by writing orders and acting as the liaison for multiple teams and vendors. You're essential as the team's backbone. This role is typical office hours (no mandatory overtime here!) and in a great location - St. Louis, MO (in Town and Country. Apply NOW to start your journey.
What You'll Do:
- As an Administrative Assistant, you'll assist the sales team by writing up inquiries, orders, change orders, and other sales-related paperwork
- Assist in arranging product shipments to customers
- Circulate paperwork and files from the outboxes of the team and department managers to distribute to others (every 15-30 minutes)
- Track and scan completed inquiries to salespeople and maintain files
- Call customers on behalf of assigned salespeople for status on delinquent invoice payments ("Hello, why yes, I'll be happy to assist you with your payment.”)
- Summarize orders for new inventory from suppliers and track receipt of new inventory
- As an Administrative Assistant, you'll answer phones and transfer incoming calls to the appropriate party (Where's the party?)
To Be Successful, It'll Help If You Have:
- 3+ years of sales and administrative experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) as well as 10-key data entry
- Ability to stay organized while multi-tasking (this is an admin role)
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Sage ERP experience a plus (Sage the software, not the herb)
- Basic math/algebra skills – calculators welcome
- Associate degree or higher in a related field required
- PTO, personal time, and holidays
- 15 days of PTO and 9 Holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision
- Life, AD&D, Long-term Disability, and Short-term Disability - 100% of premiums covered by employer for employee
- 401K match
Why This May Not Be For You:
- You don't enjoy benefits or regular office hours. We just can't help it; we want you to take care of yourself.
- You stare at the phone ringing until it goes to voicemail (unless it's your ex. Good call)
PEG Staffing & Recruiting
PEG™ Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. (PEG) is a certified woman-owned full-service staffing agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. We're known for keeping the staffing industry on its toes with our energetic (and sometimes relentless) commitment to matching companies and candidates to their better halves. Plus, we're pretty cool to work for, too.
For basically forever (we'll let you count the decades) we have been a leader in successfully connecting businesses to superior, advanced, rockstar-level talent in the office administrative, accounting, technology, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
As champions for everyone, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Feel like this job is "close, but no cigar" and you really want the cigar? Well, we don't have cigars, but we're determined to connect you to a role you'll love. Send us your resume or check out what we have to offer at www.pegstaff.com.
"Share the job"
Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Job #: 23-00037
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.