Ready to use your construction loan experience for a company that shows you its appreciation by covering 100% of your employee benefits?
Our client, an established yet growing bank specializing in commercial lending, is hiring a Construction Analyst for a direct hire opportunity. This opportunity is in-office in Clayton, MO. If you're great at data compilation and have an eye for details, apply now, and we look forward to getting to know you. We offer a competitive package and excellent benefits (100% of your employee benefits are covered).
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the entire lending process from start to finish with construction lending portfolios.
- As Construction Analyst, you'll support and service commercial loan underwriting for credit quality through the review of financial statements, business plans, etc.
- Service and monitor construction loan progress through the life of the loan.
- Monitor the life of a specific construction credit (let's keep up with those construction credits.)
- Our Construction Analyst will prepare careful, detailed analyses of loan packages to determine if the borrower and overall real estate deal present an appropriate level of risk based on company underwriting guidelines.
- Assist in monitoring, processing, and preparing/underwriting recommendations for approval by loan committees or external lenders regarding borrower requests relating to the loan or property.
- Present the portfolio and analysis results to the loan committees. (Hey, analyst is in the title).
- Help prepare written credit proposals and presentations to committees.
- Ensure clients adhere to covenants and conditions.
- Prepare monthly portfolio and loan relationship presentations to allow assessment of risk and opportunity
- Perform additional risk mitigation functions vital to portfolio management and analysis, including completing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tracking. (Risk mitigation is the name of the game.)
To Be Successful, It'll Help If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree (potentially in finance, accounting, or a related field).
- CPA credentials or CPA-type experience is a plus.
- 4 plus years of experience in the construction industry or construction financing industry
- Excellent PC skills, strong skills with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with construction financing, construction monitoring, financial reporting, loan accounting, or credit management in a bank, financial institution, or audit/consulting firm is required (if you've wanted to say, "this isn't my first rodeo," – here's your chance).
- You're ready to meet deadlines and work in a customer-centric environment.
- Strong communication skills, including writing, speaking, and active listening (Let's talk about those numbers)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
Why This May Not Be For You:
- Numbers aren't your thing; you'd rather hope for the best than double-check for accuracy.
- You don't have any accounting, loan, financial, or analyst experience and had to search "What's a spreadsheet?" to understand the role.
- Working with numbers makes you nauseous, or you've never used accounting or loan software, but you have a great personality (we believe you, but this one may not be for you)
- You don't excel at Excel (or find this joke even a little funny).
- You'd rather be a scuba instructor (hey, go for it) than read financial statements or present analysis reports. More power to you, but you're probably not the best fit if the reefs are calling.
PEG Staffing & Recruiting:
PEG™ Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. (PEG) is a certified woman-owned full-service staffing agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. We're known for keeping the staffing industry on its toes with our energetic (and sometimes relentless) commitment to matching companies and candidates to their better halves. Plus, we're pretty cool to work for, too.
For basically forever (we'll let you count the decades), we have been a leader in successfully connecting businesses to superior, advanced, rockstar-level talent in the office administrative, accounting, technology, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
As champions for everyone, we are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Feel like this job is "close, but no cigar" and you really want the cigar? Well, we don't have cigars, but we're determined to connect you to a role you'll love. Send us your resume or check out what we have to offer at www.pegstaff.com.
"Share the job"
Posted: Nov 21, 2022
Job #: 22-00447
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
At the heart of PEG
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. At PEG, we get to know our clients and job seekers, so we can understand where you’re coming from, anticipate your needs, and find the best, personalized solution for you.